The ILX34-MBS232 and ILX34-MBS485 modules are perfect for applications that need RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 Modbus Serial connectivity, including SCADA and field device interface projects.
ProSoft Technology, a leading industrial communication company, is pleased to announce the release of the Modbus Serial Modules for CompactLogix L1x and 1734 Point I/O Adapters.
These products are the first in-chassis modules designed to connect Modbus Serial with Rockwell Automation’s CompactLogix L1x processors, and they also work with 1734 Point I/O adapters.
Features and Benefits
- Add-on Instruction creates UDTs, providing logical definitions for I/O, status, and control data
- Diagnostic data available in RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000 controller tags, allowing decisions to be made based upon node health
- Module configuration is backed up in the CompactLogix project (ACD file)
- The serial port can be enabled or disabled through ladder logic
- Supports up to 1,000 words of data
- Supports up to 30 Modbus Commands & up to 35 words per command
- Suitable for SCADA and field device interface applications
The modules, which can be configured as a Modbus Master or Slave, come with an Add-On Instruction that is used to configure the modules and creates UDTs that have logical definitions for I/O, status, and control information. These controller tags contain diagnostic data, enabling decisions to be made based on the nodes’ health. They support up to 30 Modbus commands and up to 36 words per command, which should be sufficient for most applications.